FOREIGN STUDENT ADMISSION
As decided at the Full Collegiate Meeting of July 24, 2020, the program may receive exceptional requests for admission from foreign students who do not reside in Brazil (for example, through international agreements), limited annually to two for the master’s and one for the doctorate, such that the requests must be substantiated by the candidates and appreciated by the Full Collegiate. It is essential that such candidates must provide proof that they have (or will obtain) funding (and/or scholarship) from the government of origin (or equivalent body).
As of 2021, specific regular notices are planned for the admission of foreign students, not necessarily linked to international agreements.
Transfers from other graduate programs can also be evaluated by the Full Collegiate, as long as they are duly detailed.
Documents to be submitted:
- Letter of intention addressed to the Program Coordinator
- Pre-project (20 pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of personal documents (authenticated)
- Copy of Undergraduate Diploma (authenticated)
- Copy of the Undergraduate Transcript (authenticated)
- Copy of the Master’s Degree, in the case of a Doctoral candidate (authenticated)
- Copy of the Master’s Academic Transcript, in the case of a PhD candidate (authenticated)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Foreign applicant whose mother tongue is not Portuguese must take a Portuguese Language Proficiency Examination for Foreigners